Bamboo is considered a ‘miracle plant’ due to its staggering number of uses. It is one of the most practical and sustainable materials. Bamboo is used for a variety of products in a range of industries.
What is Bamboo?
Bamboo is a type of grass which grows from its roots. It is a colony plant with an extraordinary growth rate of almost 3 feet a day. Once cut it does not grow again in height or width, all energy then gets directed to the roots. The bamboo continues to produce new leaves and in turn new shoots which continue to grow. It is an incredibly renewable resource.
What is Bamboo Used for?
Bamboo has a huge number of uses around the world. As there is a global push to use more sustainable materials bamboo is now used to make just about anything. Here are just a few examples:
- Buildings - over 1 billion people live in bamboo houses. It is also used to build schools and other buildings.
- Furniture - excellent future material in terms of aesthetics, functionality and quality. Lightweight making it easy to manoeuvre whilst also being a strong material, which can withstand frequent use.
- Household items - you can find bamboo utensils, toothbrushes, book and phone stands, lunch boxes and much more.
Benefits of Bamboo
Bamboo has a range of great benefits in various areas of life. Sustainability is a key one, its incredible ability to grow and continue to respawn and a versatile range of uses. Here are some examples:
- Strength - bamboo has incredible tensile strength that is greater than steel.
- Versatility - there is no end to the amount of things that bamboo can be used for.
- Nutritional value - bamboo shoots are a rich source of amino acids, phosphorus, iron and more essential vitamins and minerals.
Promotional Bamboo Products
If you are looking to add new products to your marketing campaign why not consider a sustainable material such as bamboo. We have a wide range of eco-friendly promotional products available which use bamboo. Here are some of our best sellers: